Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Heart Revealed by Julie Lessman c2011

An Irish gal would like this book!!

As a battered wife, Emma Malloy flees the only home she has known, Dublin, Ireland, to relocate in the Irish district of Boston, Massachusetts, in the New World with new opportunities and safety.

This is a second book in the series Winds of Change. I have not read the first book, A Hope Undaunted. The cover drew me as I constantly saw it displayed. I knew I would like Emma by the tilt of her head and the yellow roses she holds in her hands. My favorite, yellow roses.

I really liked this book, especially when I got to page 58 and read,
"Casey Miranda Herringshaw!" Emma folded her arms in the pretense of shocked disapproval, doing her best to bite back a smile. "What would your mother say?"
So many wonderful Irish names: Patrick, Sean, Rose, Kathleen, Collin, Clare; what's not to like? I felt right at home among them. My favorite character was Sean, the proclaimed bachelor son babied by his sisters and mother and teased by his brothers-in-law. He was the hero, the protected, unaware guy that made you wonder how he got through life on his own. The only thing missing was soda bread and a recipe. It was fun to live life with this family and their adopted friend Emma.

Enjoy reading A Heart Revealed. I especially liked the last page, but don't turn there first! Enjoy the whole story as it progresses. You'll be glad you waited.

Winds of Change Series book 2 ~*~ can be read as a stand-alone novel

















4 comments:

  1. HAhahahaha! Thanks Kathleen. ;-) No bias withstanding, wasn't this book AWESOME! I seriously loved and not for obvious reasons. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Did you read "The Daughters of Boston" series? They were the first three novels that introduced the O'Connor family. I'm not sure why Julie broke it up into "two" series, because they all go together. This was a perfect end to the series. I loved all of them. The O'Connors were fantastic and I was thrilled when Emma's story was finally told.

    2 Kids and Tired Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog! It made me smile and loved how you told me about the Four o' Clock flowers and your father.:) This book sounds wonderful! I will be certain to read it. Anything having to do with Ireland is a draw for me! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. KATHLEEN!!! Just now found your review and blog and am NOW a follower. Goodness, I will follow ANYTHING Irish!! ;)

    Thank you for your kind review -- I am BLESSED!

    HUGS,
    JULIE

    ReplyDelete