His choices have the power to save or destroy.
With a loved one’s life at stake, Jake charges through the portal into Lyric to stage a dramatic rescue, trusting that the signs that mark him as Restorer will guarantee success. But everything familiar in Lyric has vanished, swept away by deadly lies and a corrupt king. As inexorable forces conspire to turn him from his purpose, Jake finds his path leading to places beyond his courage.
While he confronts the temptation to flee his calling, Susan struggles in brutal captivity. Can she gain freedom before the enemy destroys her spirit, and will Jake choose to follow his destiny before everything is lost?
Book three in the groundbreaking Sword of Lyric series, The Restorer’s Journey won a Carol Award for speculative fiction. This new expanded edition includes bonus scenes, a ten week devotional guide, and links to audio and video extras.
Seven Books on a New Restorer’s Shelf
Here’s a sampling of the books Jake left in his room that had a part in shaping the leader he has become.
- Holy Bible – a leather-bound one that his parents gave him, which has traveled to youth camps and church services. It’s battered and full of handwritten margin notes and underlining.
- Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis – during Jake’s battle with childhood leukemia, rereading these books gave him inspiration and courage
- Peasant Pig and the Terrible Dragon by Richard Scarry – Jake didn’t want me to tell you about this one, but it was his favorite when he was four years old. It was an early trigger for his love of tales of knights and heroism.
- Lord of the Rings by J.R.R.Tolkien – He discovered and loved the books before there were movies.
- Letters to Philip by Charlie Shedd – an old faded book that Jake’s dad gave him when he turned sixteen, on how to treat a girl with respect and build a relationship. He’s wishing he had his copy with him, so he could figure out how to stop falling apart every time he’s around Linette.
- A set of Stephen Lawhead books, including Arthur and Hood. Jake loves both Camelot and Robin Hood stories.
- A huge volume of poetry. Jake REALLY doesn’t want his friends to know about this one, but he loves the musicality of poetry – whether from centuries ago, or current.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012:My copies arrived! I love the smell of ink and the feel of crisp new pages. Holding a new release is always an exciting day, but especially for this book. You see, the past several years, working on the new expanded editions of the Sword of Lyric series has been my labor of love.
It's been a gift to have this project to work on, and a true miracle of God's provision as each of the three has been completed and put back into print. I put my heart into the new devotional guide (included in the back of each book), and put my love into each bonus scene. Much like my characters experience, the road has felt difficult, but the One has revealed His goodness in many ways along this adventure. ~*~ Blessings, Sharon Hinck
Places to find The Restorer's Journey-Expanded Edition (Book 3 of the Sword of Lyric series):
Marcher Lord Press (paperback and ebook)
Barnes and Noble Nook