Thursday, August 4, 2016

Promise of Deer Run by Elaine Marie Cooper, © 2011, 2016

Book Two of the Deer Run Saga

Following up on her popular book, Road to Deer Run, author Elaine Marie Cooper has done a masterful job with this tale based on real life. It is 1790, and the American Revolution is long since over, but a battle still rages in the hearts of survivors. Painful memories of war haunt one young veteran. He still waits for a father who never returned from battle and feels the sting of betrayal from a former love. Withdrawing into his own world, he clings to one hope—perhaps his father still lives.
   --publisher, CrossRiver Media





Image result for stocks  Would this be a practice for unruly children? Sarah Thomsen could share her memories with you. One glorious sunny morning at the meetinghouse and a glimpse of Nathaniel Stearn brings back her chance meeting with him. A rescue. But who could rescue her heart now?

Nathaniel has returned from war but not without regrets. A disbursing of his family ~ his mother and sisters to relatives in Boston and his brother in the grave up on the hill beyond their cabin at Deer Run. His father? He remembers the day he last saw him, walking away as the accumulation of many long days and years comes to an end. The war is over, but not the turmoil in his heart, nor seeing the return of his father to their home farm.
The Lord my shepherd is
I shall be well supplied
Since He is mine and I am His
What can I want beside?
   ~ Isaac Watts
Promise of Deer Run by Elaine Marie Cooper ~ having not gotten to the conflict yet ~ wish my beloved characters could avoid it in their lives!

A heart-warming story of hope and love beyond measure. Sure to please the dearest longing for peace and family care, this story includes the siblings and their spouses and family. I loved reading how God filled their needs in their daily lives and gave them strength to endure hardship and embrace each other.
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
   --Isaiah 41:10
Image result for elaine marie cooperThe adventures of the Thomsen and Lowe families continue in book 3, Legacy of Deer Run, the final book in the series, releasing in December 2016. You will enjoy finding the author's writings at Colonial Quills and her website.

***Thank you to author Elaine Marie Cooper for including me in the review tour for book 2 in the Deer Run Saga. This review was written in my own words. No other compensation was received.***

Road to Deer Run - Cover
Deer Run Saga, Book 1

No comments:

Post a Comment