Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Too Blessed to be Stressed... Inspiration for Every Day by Debora M. Coty, © 2017

~ 365 Devotions for Women

Too Blessed To Be Stressed – 365 Devotions for Women

Nuggets of wisdom (humor and spunk included) in life as it happens. Here is a devotional you may find is just in time for your 365 new days in 2017!

Hardcover and just the right size to slip into your purse ~ you may find that you skip around and read more than one. Devotions with a stepping off place, every day will bring a treasure to cherish in your heart. I plan to have a notebook handy to jot down a thought and a Scripture that stood out to me while reading. There is a Scripture Index in the back with devo dates.

A silver ribbon will mark your place to continue on where you left off. Deb Coty brings real issues and dreams in the flow of our days. May we not lose sight of who we are and where we are: wayfarers traveling through to H*o*m*e. There are reflections of Corrie ten Boom and Ruth Graham Bell, seasoned Followers of Christ amid today's scurrying activities.

Have fun and a lift for each precious day ~ JOY in the MOMENT.


Enjoy these excerpts from Too Blessed to be Stressed... Inspiration for Every Day


January 26
Be Still & Know
_______________________
"Be still and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10 NIV

A few years ago, I stumbled across a special spot in the woods near my mountain cabin. The minute I saw the fallen logs that formed a cozy woodland seat and back support amid the beautiful forest greenery, I knew.
   This was the spot Papa God had earmarked just for me. For the time we would spend together. For the precious hours I would sit, be still, and just know (see today's verse).
   Why do I need such a place? Why do you?
   With our hectic schedules and crazy-busy lifestyles, sometimes it's hard to get a bead on that still, small voice of God. And that's exactly what it takes––being still––to truly know what He's whispering to our hearts.
   In order to internalize the incredible goodness and Godness of our heavenly Papa, we must mute the cacophony of the world and find stillness of our bodies, minds, and emotions. Only then can our hearts ingest this truth. Only then can we really know He is God.
   My special spot is off the beaten path, so it's secluded. No unexpected visitors, loud noises, or interruptions (I always turn my phone off during my Be Still & Know time). It's near the humongous tree I call the Wall of Wood that reminds me of Papa's vastness and incredible power.
   A few yards away, there's a reflection pool filled with chilled mountain spring water that reflects Papa's majestic mountains and towering treetops. My soul just can't drink in enough.
   Have you considered rooting out a Be Still & Know place for yourself?

Creator of the Universe,
Convict me of my need to get quiet before You.
I need to hear You, to feel You, to know You.

~*~
I typed this earlier and have no idea where I saw this nugget, but it must be in here somewhere...

key!
Half our life is spent trying to find something to do
with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.
WILL ROGERS



Take a break to enJ*O*Y your sweet time with our Lord as Deb paves the way to His graciousness and awesomeness.

deb-coty-headshot-2
author Debora M. Coty
Debora M. Coty is a popular humorist, speaker, and award-winning author of numerous inspirational books, including the bestselling Too Blessed to be Stressed line. Deb considers herself a tennis junkie and choco-athlete (meaning she exercises just so she can eat more chocolate). A retired piano teacher and orthopedic occupational therapist, Debora currently lives, loves, and laughs in central Florida with her husband Chuck and three adorable grandbuddies who live next door. Deb would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and her Too Blessed to be Stressed blog at her website. While you're there, sign up for her free e-newsletter!


***Thank you to Barbour Publishing for sending a complimentary copy of this devotional. I am not required to post a review. This review was written in my own words. No other compensation was received.***

No comments:

Post a Comment