Friday, August 26, 2016

A Heart Most Certain by Melissa Jagears, © 2016

A Teaville Moral Society novel, Book 1

Isn't this cover beautiful? But... don't let it fool you. This girl has spunk!
 

This is the best of the best! Began reading A Heart Most Certain by Melissa Jagears before bed and took it with me to read a fEw chapters ~ I woke up at 10:50 :D and beginning the 21st chapter. Everyone would have an eyeopener to "You've done it unto Me" ~ a wake-up call.

http://www.ghostcowboy.com/files/images/coffeyville_1909.jpg
Teaville, Kansas 1905
How could it be that I wake up this morning and my whole world changes! I am sent off with the mission to collect money for two sewing machines to make quicker work of quilts being made by the Teaville Moral Society ladies. Me, Lydia King, setting off to find Nicholas Lowe the oft talked about rich man in our humble town.

I am expected to give to the highfaluting, nose-in-the-air do-gooders? I think not! I give to her and the whole town will be knocking at my door. ~ Nicholas Lowe

Lydia is an avid book reader. To her advantage, Mr. Lowe happens to have quite a few. As she continues to return to his office to request funding, he loans books to her. I liked how her interests opened up doors of conversation as she goes with him to supply needs directly, rather than his giving her money for her cause. She learned that building relationship brought a greater opportunity to bring change in lives. Stepping out into the unknown brings greater freedom than she had experienced.

A character I appreciated was the pastor's wife who quit peripherals of what was expected of her, to gain a greater depth. Realizing and pursuing her need for a closer relationship with God rather than motives of what people would think.

Nicholas finds changes in his outlook, the more he spends time with Lydia. Trust factors have kept him by himself in his endeavors. He finds that living for the present is much more rewarding than making up for the past.

This story views how others are seen; as an onlooker or in some way extending a hand to help another climb out of an imprisonment they cannot escape on their own.

Image result for melissa jagearsImage result for melissa jagears

***Thank you to author Melissa Jagears and to Bethany House for sending me a review copy for the August 2016 Fiction Blogger Review! This review was written in my own words. No other compensation was received.***

2 comments:

  1. Excellent review! I loved this book so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by, Andrea! Yes, this was by far an excellent book. A lesson to be learned, thought about, and applied ~ being aware of others. Kathleen ~ Lane Hill House

      Delete