Friday, July 10, 2015

Anything: The Prayer That Unlocked My God and My Soul by Jennie Allen, © 2015

revised and updated, includes Bible Study




"You make beautiful things out of dust. You make beautiful things out of us."

Redefining Hands
Available in the Potter's hands to be made into a new vessel ~ not the one I think I need nor the picture of the life I thought I was supposed to have. Join this beautiful journey with God. I like this quote:
"God was writing a story for my life I never would have written."
   --Anything, 145
What if we got beyond ourselves, to the very heart of God to be all of who He created us to be? His alone; His love encompassing us! Not our "shoulda, coulda, woulda, oughta" but His "Rest in Me, I have it covered?"

Jennie shares, gathering insight, overcoming doubts, really doing what He asks us ~ for our good and for His plan, changing us, sharing Him, beyond learning about Him ~ to know Him.

Jennie talks about what was further after she and her husband, Zac, prayed "anything," surrendering to God, letting Him change them, for every day of their lives. Yielding everything. Daily abandon, preferring others to yourself. Jennie speaks of letting the person who just drove up have the parking space ~ laying our "rights" down? To pursue reconciliation quickly rather than letting it fester ~ and cause us to go inward instead of loving and being a peacemaker?
"I wanted time for the other things God was leading us toward. And somehow in all the little deaths, in seeing more of God, I was watching my soul untangle."
   --Ibid., 105
One interesting thing is, words on a page will speak differently to each reader for we are not cookie cutters in the same shape or place. I feel this writing reflects Psalm 139 and 23 ~ we are so loved, and He delights in guiding us.

The added Eight-Week Study Guide in the back begins reading a section of chapters, Scripture and reflection questions; and if you have done any of her other studies in a group setting, the Conversation Cards are so revealing to our heart. Part 1: Everything Keeping Us From Anything; Part 2: Praying Anything; Part 3: Living Anything; with reference Notes.

Jennie Allen is a passionate leader following God's call on her life to catalyze this generation to live what they believe. She is the author of Restless and the Bible studies Stuck and Chase, and is the founder and visionary of IF: Gathering. Jennie is married to her best friend, Zac, and they have been blessed with four children.

***Thank you to BookLook Bloggers and Thomas Nelson Publishers for sending me a copy of Jennie Allen's Anything: The Prayer That Unlocked My God and My Soul for review. This review was written in my own words. No other compensation was received.***

No comments:

Post a Comment