Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Fixing My Eyes on Jesus: Daily Moments in His Word by Anne Graham Lotz, ©2012



   Getting up early in the morning to fix my eyes on Jesus through prayer and reading His Word is like setting my spiritual compass. Because no matter what faces me during the day, or how "lost" and confused I can become, or how many decisions and choices I'm confronted with, my heart and my thoughts always turn toward Him. And He invariably leads me on the right path.
   My prayer is that the devotions in this small volume will help you fix your eyes on Jesus every day, so that you, too, can set your spiritual compass. --Anne Graham Lotz


From award-winning author Anne Graham Lotz comes this 366-day devotional to encourage, uplift, renew, and challenge you on your spiritual walk with Jesus each day of the year. Fixing My Eyes on Jesus is a new compilation of Anne's favorite messages from her most beloved books.


JANUARY 22
THE TRADE-OFF
For this reason, since the day we heard about you,
we have not stopped praying for you and asking God
to fill you with the knowledge of his will through
all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray
this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord
and may please him in every way: bearing fruit
in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God.
COLOSSIANS 1:9-10

   What sin is preventing the Holy Spirit from filling your life?
   God's Word commands us to "be filled with the Spirit" (Ephesians 5:18). That means making sure you keep short accounts with the Lord where sin is concerned, every day confessing by name the sin you are conscious of having committed that day and asking God for cleansing so you will maintain sweet fellowship with Him.
   Are you thinking, "That's too much trouble. Besides, the sin in my life is so small, it can't make that much difference" or "I could never quit that. I enjoy it too much"? Whatever your excuse, is it worth the trade-off? Is it worth losing out on an intimate relationship with God as the price for clinging to your sin?
   Jesus said, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind" (Matthew 22:37). Love Him more than your sin. That's a command!
~*~



Anne Graham Lotz, daughter of Billy and Ruth Graham, is the president and CEO of AnGeL Ministries, a nonprofit organization that undergirds her efforts to draw people into a life-changing relationship with God through His Word. Anne launched her revival ministry in 2000 and has spoken on seven continents, in more than twenty foreign countries, proclaiming the Word of God in arenas, churches, seminaries, and prisons. She is also the award-winning author of ten books, including her most recent, The Magnificent Obsession.

Anne and her husband Danny Lotz have three grown children and three grandchildren. She is the founder and president of AnGeL Ministries.



*** Thank you to Zondervan's Linked to Lit for sending me a copy of Fixing My Eyes on Jesus: Daily Moments in His Word by Anne Graham Lotz to review in my own words. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment